Parent Letter (3-24-20)
Dear AMS Families,
I know you all have a lot on your minds, but we are happy to be reunited with all of you. Our first day of home learning and serving meals at our campus was quite a success.
I am reaching out to all parents to ensure that you know that you should be receiving contact from your school by the end of this Tuesday. We want to ensure that 100% of students and parents have access to our teachers and administration during this time. If you have not heard from someone at AMS by Tuesday, please contact your respective schools. If you are not already signed up to Class Dojo, please sign up to ensure uninterrupted communication from the school.
AMS School Leaders
|Sandra Lomeland, Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Katie Kuhn, Assistant Principalemail@example.com|
|Norma Derby, Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alicia Morris, Assistant Principalemail@example.com|
|AMS Flower||Curtis Walker, Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Juliet Riffenburg, Assistant Principalemail@example.com|
|AMS Camelback||Tamika Cleveland, Interim Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Clint Keller, Assistant Principalemail@example.com|
|AMS Desert Sky||Kristina Winters, Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ashley Kane, Principalemail@example.com|
|MeLisa Thalacker, Assistant Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Danielle Brady, Assistant Principalemail@example.com|
|AMS Peoria Advanced||Christine Fitzsimmons, Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Takesha Turner, Assistant Principalemail@example.com|
|Barbara Asaro, Assistant Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Please know that we are continuing our planning efforts on educational opportunities and online learning for all scholars. We recommend that all students gain computer and internet access as we are increasing our online instruction in the coming weeks. I am including resources available for parents for reduced-cost internet and computers for these unusual times.
- Limited-time, first two months free of Connect2Compete service, $9.95/month thereafter
- Until May 15, 2020, Cox is providing phone and remote desktop support through Cox Complete Care at no charge
- Families with K-12 children who are eligible for the National School Lunch Program, SNAP, and/or TANF; who receive Tenant-Based Vouchers, Project-Based Vouchers or Section 8 Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA); and/or who live in Public Housing
- Have not had a Cox internet connection in the last 90 days
- Located in Cox service area
To Apply: Connect2Compete Application
More Info: Connect2Compete Info
Cox Low Cost PC Options: PCs for People
Comcast Internet Essentials
- Eligibility for National School Lunch Program, Housing Assistance, Medicaid, SNAP and SSI
- Have not had a Comcast connection in 90 days and outstanding debts with Comcast less than a year old
- Located in Comcast
To Apply: Internet Essentials Application
More Info: Internet Essentials Info
Comcast Low Cost PC Options: Internet Essentials PCs
I encourage you to continue to visit amscharters.org/school-news for updates and additional resources. We are here for support even though we are not within the walls of our schools.
Feel free to contact us with any questions.